Definitions and interpretation
The Playwaze website and mobile app – including white labelled instances.
Collectively all information that you submit to Playwaze Ltd via the Application. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Application when you visit certain parts of the Application and/or when you use certain features of the Application. Details of the cookies used by this Application are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Playwaze Ltd, or us
Playwaze Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08321430 whose registered address is Surrey Technology Centre, 40 Occam Road, Guildford, GU2 7YG;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Application and is not either (i) employed by Playwaze Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Playwaze Ltd and accessing the Application in connection with the provision of such services;
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
d. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
e. Demographic information such as address;
f. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers. This information will be held by our PCI compliant payment gateway provider - Stripe. Where a third-party service is critical to a regulated firm’s business operations, the service provider will be regarded as an outsource service provider (OSP) and the regulated firm is subject to a series of regulatory obligations by the FCA.
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Playwaze Ltd is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for the duration of the period that you have an account with us, and 6 months thereafter.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any personal information you choose to include in your description under your profile in your Playwaze Community account. This information might include your photo or any personal information you otherwise voluntarily disclose. We use this information to:
a. Populate your profile which is viewable by other registered members of your own Playwaze community, so please be careful about the information you include.
b. Facilitate interaction between registered members of your Playwaze community.
10. Your email address – this is only displayed to other members of your Playwaze community if your community owner does not switch on our Safeguarding feature. We use this information to authenticate your access to the Application (in combination with your password), manage and communicate with you to follow up the enquiries you make, including sending relevant documents and correspondence to your email address.
12. Your full name and contact telephone number– these are only displayed to other members of your own Playwaze community. Your telephone number is only displayed to other members of your Playwaze community if your community owner does not switch on our Safeguarding feature.
13. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Application. Specifically, Data may be used to provide information to you about our our product. This may include new features, price changes, and maintenance schedules.
d. We may use members' data to push notifications about sports events and activities that are relevant to them. These communications will be delivered from Playwaze and we will never provide members' private data to third parties for this purpose;
e. If a community is run as an integrated component to another service then members' data may be synchronized with the other product, and therefore pushed to servers outside Playwaze;
f. We may pass on members' data to regulated sports organisations e.g. National Governing Bodies for the purposes of sports activity reporting;
g. We may also occasionally send app notifications and emails to members from organisations associated to your Playwaze activities to keep you up to date with relevant events, offers and activities;
h. If a member identifies themselves as an activity organiser and then chooses to publish that activity to public websites (through our OpenActive feed) then that member’s email address and (optionally) their telephone number will be displayed on those public websites.
How else may we use your personal information?
14. We may use your personal information to investigate a complaint made by another Playwaze community member, in connection with a breach (or suspected breach) of our terms and conditions and to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our Application or the service made available through it and to prosecute those responsible.
15. In our Explore feature sports organisations, clubs, and coaches can post activity items e.g. courses and sessions. Playwaze members can search through Explore and find sports activities. Under this feature, clubs and coaches can prospect through Playwaze. We will never permit clubs to prospect directly to other club members or coaches to prospect directly to other coaching groups. We will never give our users’ personal data to any of these prospecting orgnanisations for direct marketing efforts.
Using information about other registered members of the Playwaze community
16. You should avoid sharing any personal information including contact information with any other registered members of the Playwaze community. If you intend to share any such information, please exercise the same level of caution as you would dealing with a stranger. Never give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so. You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people. You must treat any personal information that you receive from other registered member of the Playwaze community as private, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the member provides it to you unless that he or she indicates to you otherwise.
Third party websites and services
11. Playwaze Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Application. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Application.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
15. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
16. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
17. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
18. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
19. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Application
20. To use all features and functions available on the Application, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
22. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Playwaze Ltd (where such Data is held). We will not charge for such information.
23. Data security is of great importance to Playwaze Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Application.
24. If password access is required for certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
25. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Application. All data transmitted between you and the Application is done so using Secure Sockets Layer(SSL) security.
26. Passwords are encrypted in our database.
27. You can set your Playwaze community to be Private. This ensures that nobody outside your own community can see any information within your community, except for the community name, description, and location.
28. There are options in place to secure access to your community with an approval mechanism so that only people you approve can gain access to your community.
29. If you set your community to be Public other users of Playwaze can see your community activities, but cannot see any members’ personal data.
31. All Cookies used by this Application are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
32. Before the Application places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Playwaze Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Application may not function fully or as intended.
33. This Application may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose:
a) Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Application. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Application.
b) Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Application when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Application works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c) Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our Application. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
34. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time. However you may lose any information that enables you to access the Application more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
39. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact Playwaze Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20 September 2017